Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving. Please eat some cranberry sauce for me.

I came into Ouaga for thanksgiving as did a lot of other volunteers. We had a pot luck supper with prime ribs, mashed potatoes, and cream gravy. I even convinced some one to make peach cobbler!

I am currently researching funding possibilities for the regional bike a thon that my theater troop is planning. A few weeks ago they came to me and told me that they were short some funds and asked if I would help with a grant. When I asked how short they were they said they needed everything but a couple boxes of condoms! Needless to say I am a little overwhelmed but am glad to be starting on a projet.

My greatest accomplishment has been making chicken fried steak, cream gravy and masked potatoes en village. Am a good texan or what? Also, I found a catholic mission in Koudougou that lets out rooms for cheap. It is so peaceful and clean. It is a real saving grace when I need a real shower! Never thought I would come to a point in my life where I thought staying in a monastery was living the life of luxery.

So here are some recent stats on my life here:

# of kms biked in one day - 78
# of bike falls - no longer counting but is decreasing
# of lbs lost - 23
Languages spoken on daily basis - english, french, leile, moore and fulfuldi
# of things living in house - 3 (2 bats and a parttime daughter)
# of scorpions seen - 1
favorite drink in village - scary clear moonshine and locally brewed beer (dolo)
African names - Edwouma Kanko (leile) and Sofiata (moore)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home